Once completed, you will:
- The yacht – gain basic knowledge of sea terms, parts of a boat, her rigging and sails.
- Rope work – learn how to tie a figure of eight, round turn, two half hitches and a bowline. You will also learn how to secure a rope to a cleat, use winches and jamming cleats.
- Underway – enjoy the experience of sailing a yacht on all points of sail. You will get to steer a yacht under sail or power.
- Rules of the road – learn how to keep an efficient lookout at sea.
- Meteorology – know where to obtain a weather forecast.
- Man overboard recovery – understand the action to be taken to recover a sailor who has fallen overboard.
- Clothing and equipment – you will be taught how to comply with the rules that govern the wearing of safety harnesses, life jackets and personal buoyancy aids.
- Emergency equipment and precautions – you will be made aware of hazards on board a yacht and taught what action to take in the event of an emergency.
is NOT included in the 2 days.